An Ohio defense attorney often makes the difference in the outcome of an Ohio criminal case. We are committed criminal lawyers. We examine all of the evidence in your case and devise a solid defense strategy. We handle all types of criminal defense cases including, but not limited to, –
- DUI/OVI Defense
- Drug Crimes
- Felonies—Misdemeanors—State Crimes—Federal Crimes
- Juvenile Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
- Violent Crimes—Domestic Violence/Assault
- Weapons Offenses
- Sex Crimes
- Traffic Tickets
- Vehicular Crimes
Facing criminal charges can be daunting, especially considering the drawn-out legal process to come, which can include a bail hearing, arraignment, trial and possibly a sentence hearing. What can be even more overwhelming is the possibility of conviction and the associated harsh punishments, such as hefty fines, imprisonment, long-term criminal records, and loss of family, friends and employment. The Ohio criminal defense attorneys at The Boerst Law Office understand how trying and potentially terrifying these situations can be, and we are here to help support you and your family through these times. In addition to our extensive knowledge of Ohio criminal defense law, we are also highly accomplished at building and litigating defense cases in any legal venue. Our Ohio criminal defense lawyers are committed to aggressively defending the rights of the accused, and we will do what it takes to help resolve the charges against you in the most advantageous manner possible.
Ohio Criminal Law Charges
The best way to argue against charges facing you or a loved one will depend on whether:
- The charge is a misdemeanor or felony.
- The accused has a history of misdemeanor or felony convictions.
- The accused has a history of mental illness or victimization, such as abuse.
- Another person was injured or killed as a result of the alleged crime.
- Property was damaged as a result of the alleged crime.
The Boerst Law Office has extensive experience constructing strong defense cases for situations involving any and all of the above circumstances. Some of the cases in which we can successfully defend the rights of the accused include charges of:
- Drug offenses, such as possession, manufacturing, trafficking and distribution of illegal narcotics
- Sex offenses, such as sexual assault, sexual abuse and rape
- Violent crimes
- Traffic offenses, including driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI) and hit-and-run charges
- Property-related crimes, such as theft, robbery, larceny, burglary, arson, trespassing and possession of stolen property
- Juvenile crimes, in which charges are filed against children younger than 18 years old
- Domestic violence, such as charges of physical abuse against a spouse, partner, child or other family member
- White collar offenses, including embezzlement, identity theft, money laundering, insider trading, fraud, bribery and forgery
- Kidnapping and extortion (Extortion, also referred to as blackmail, is defined as the act of illegally trying to obtain money, property or other items of value through force.)
Ohio Criminal Justice: Know Your Rights
When you are facing any of these charges in Ohio, it’s vital to know your rights, some of which include the right to:
- An attorney
- The assumption of innocence until proven guilty
- A speedy and public trial
- A jury of impartial peers
- Confront the prosecution’s witnesses
- Obtain witnesses in your favor
Ohio Criminal Defense Attorneys – Get a Consultation Today
The Ohio criminal defense lawyers at The Boerst Law Office care about your rights and are dedicated to providing you with a personalized, top-notch legal defense at every stage of the legal process. From gathering expert witnesses to scrutinizing police reports and the prosecution’s arguments, we can aggressively represent your rights throughout the complex legal process associated with criminal justice. Call today for a FREE consultation and receive experienced advice from an Ohio criminal defense lawyer.
Please fill out the online form at the right-hand side of this page or call us ASAP at (419) 283-6401 or
1 (855) ToledoLaw / 1(855) 865-3365.
A Criminal Defense Attorney is available 24/7, 365 days a year!